- This policy covers all data that is shared by a visitor with us whether directly obtained or collated via this website or via email.
- This policy provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly via this Website or via email.
- As an Australian-based business, we abide by The Australian Privacy Principles and Privacy Act 1988.
2. Information we collect
- In operating the IHS Global Alliance website, we may collect and correspond with the following data about you:
- Information and details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access and/or download, including but not limited to, IP Address, geographic location, operating system information, page view information, referral source and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by completing and submitting forms on our Website, such as when you register to receive information which may include newsletter, download or contact requests via the contact us page.
- Information provided to IHS Global Alliance when you communicate with us for any reason via Website submissions or digital correspondence.
- A Cookie is a file containing an identifier transferred via web server to a web browser. Information is collected and sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server and/or navigates through the website.
- Such information will not identify your personal details, it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. Your information collected, is used by IHS Global Alliance to analyse how visitors interact with the Website so that we can continue to develop and improve product and industry related information.
4. Use of your information
- The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide better information to you. In addition, we may use data collected to:
- Provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or solutions and to provide information on other products we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information.
- To notify you about any changes to our Website or business, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service to you.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. Such may include third party applications used to collect or communicate with you.
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
- If you do not want us to use your data for ourselves or third parties please do not complete form submissions, or enter information in to data collecting fields.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, competitors, customers or suppliers.
5. Storing of your personal data
- Data and detail that is provided relating to any transactions provided to IHS Global Alliance, is stored on our secure servers. We cannot however, guarantee any breach of security to our system which is out of our control.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us via electronic transmission. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. All information submitted by you is at your own risk.
- Should you require login assistance by HIS Global Alliance in to our website, submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: [the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China and India].
6. Disclosing of your information
- Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries.
- We may be subject to disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimize credit risk.
7. Third party links
You might find links to third party websites on our Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their conditions, as we have no control over these.
8. Access to information
Your privacy right gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
9. Our details
- The IHS Global Alliance Website is owned and managed by IHS Global Alliance Pty Ltd.
- We are registered globally with headquarters located in Australia under the ABN registered number: 20 106 528 689
- You can contact us:
- By phone +61 3 9765 4555
- Email us at email@example.com